- 1890 — American sport shooter, 5-time gold medalist and USMC Hall of Fame inductee Morris Fisher was born in Youngstown, Ohio.
- 1945 — Fighting stops in the Canadian sector near Wilhelmshaven, Aurich, and Emden; German forces in the Netherlands, Denmark and northwest Germany agreed to surrender to Canadian commanders.
- 1970 — "Only Soldiers and Cops:" Kent State shootings - the Ohio National Guard opens fire on a crowd of demonstrators, killing four unarmed students and wounding nine others.
- 2004 — "Only Soldiers and Cops:" Canadian gun grabber Mike McCormack (a Toronto cop at the time), and several others are charged with corruption, including influence peddling and breach of trust.
- 2010 — A press release on FNH USA's official website announced the SCAR Acquisition Decision Memorandum was finalized on April 14, 2010. This was to be an approval for the entire weapons family of the Mk16 SCAR Light, Mk17 SCAR Heavy and the Enhanced Grenade Launcher Module.
- 2011 — "Only Soldiers and Cops:" Kelowna BC RCMP Staff Sergeant Owen Wlodarczak is charged with assault, careless use of a firearm (his RCMP duty weapon) and possessing a weapon for a dangerous purpose following a domestic assault on his estranged wife in front of their children.